Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Mummy Movies (1999 & 2001 versions, not black & white)

The first two Mummy movies are my favorite movies. What's not to like about them? They have a great hero, Rick (great job Brendan Fraser!), and heroine, Evy (whom I absolutely love). The supporting characters add even more humor to these family adventure movies. The supporting characters being Jonathan, Eve's brother, Alex, Rick & Eve's son (2nd movie), and Ardeth Bay. Of course the antagonist is a mummy, self-explanatory from the title. Fraser sums up the movies in a quote from The Mummy Returns: "Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world."

I'm not including the third movie because I didn't like it. Reasons:
  • Different actress for Evy
  • Alex is an adult and his parents only look a little older than him
  • It isn't staged in Egypt
I wanted to buy both movies on DVD to take to college with me, but it was in the box trilogy and I did not want the third one. So I got a 3 movie set of The Mummy, The Mummy 2, and The Scorpion King. The Scorpion King is also a good movie, it goes off of the Mummy movies. If you want to check out the same movies I got, you can from the link below. If you havn't watched these movies then you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment